The RAIN Selling Seminar
If you’re like most professionals - consultants, engineers, lawyers, accountants, technologists, and other professional service providers - you didn’t enter your career so you could eventually find yourself in a sales role. However at some point every professional realizes that if they want to advance in their career, make partner, lead their own practice area, or start their own firm, they need to be able to excel at business development.
But you were never taught how to sell, and don’t have the skills and knowledge needed to succeed. Until now, business development training has not been on your radar screen. In this program, we’ll introduce you to the business development strategies and skills that make for successful rainmaking. The RAIN Selling Seminar is designed to help you and the professionals at your firm become the savvy business developers you know you must be to achieve selling and career success.
At this interactive, two-day seminar, you will learn how to:
- Balance your service delivery and business development time
- Lead masterful sales conversations from the first introduction to winning the client to managing the account
- Keep the front end of your pipeline full while maintaining your practice of active clients
- Develop a winning value proposition and describe your services in a way that gets prospects excited to work with you
- Ask questions to uncover the full set of client needs and desires
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor during the sales process
- Use the phone, email, and networking for selling professional services
- Respond to objections in away that gets you closer to the close
- Speed up the sales cycle and get your project to the top of the decision makers to-do list
- Set goals and build a persona business development plan to achieve them
- Gain commitment for new business by employing only strategies that reflect your commitment to high integrity
How You Will Benefit
- Gaining new clients
- Deepening relationships and business with current clients
- Understanding how clients buy, and how that translates into effective selling
- Creating new opportunities with prospective clients
- Increasing the size of your engagements
- Leading masterful sales conversations from start to close
- Learning how to make time to sell when you are too busy delivering client work
- Conquering the services revenue rollercoaster once and for all
- Overcoming call reluctance
- Building and sticking to a business development plan
- Achieving the career and financial success you want
Our Approach to Training Professional Service Providers
- Custom Role Plays: This program is highly interactive and includes numerous role playing exercises and custom case studies allowing your team to practice new skills in real world scenarios while getting immediate feedback.
- RAIN Selling Simulation: Your team will immediately apply their learning in a multi-round sales simulation. In a friendly competition with others in the training, they’ll compete to win the most sales using the strategies and tactics learned in the classroom.
- Buyer Personas: Many business development training programs focus on how to sell, but not how clients buy. For sales success you must be able to understand your clients’ preferences and styles for how they like to make purchase decisions and match your selling process to it. Your team will take our work styles and ambitions assessment to help them understand how different buyers buy and how to identify and succeed with the 8 buyer personas.
- Online Modules: We maximize classroom learning by introducing core concepts and getting your entire team speaking a common language prior to live training through our robust online training modules. After the training they also have access to reinforcement modules to help make the learning stick.
- Personal Business Development Plans: During the program, we work with your professionals to set goals and develop an action plan to achieve them.
- Ongoing reinforcement: Real behavior change happens over time. The more you reinforce learning and new behavior, the more the leaning takes hold and results increase. Our robust reinforcement includes online training, live workshops, webinars, individual and group coaching, email tips, and more all customized for you to help your team successfully put their new skills to use.
Who Should Attend
This program is appropriate for anyone looking for core selling skills, knowledge, and frameworks to help them become a top revenue producer.
Very helpful - removed much fear due to
assumptions that there are secret "mysteries" about sales...realistic
approach to teaching sales techniques to people who are not natural
- Stephen Sheperd, Division Manager, The Saint Consulting Group
Very good process, nice to hear it from someone who still does it for a living.
- James Scanlon, Program Manager, Marketing Leverage
Since the course in September I've landed my biggest contract with a repeat client and the material in the course helped.
- Gerry M. Preville, MBA, CPA, Laurentian Consulting Group, LLC
How to Get Started
Take the first step in improving business development success today. Give us a call at 508-626-9991, send us an email, or fill out our contact form to learn how you can improve the business development skills of your professionals and help them make the transition from trusted advisor to rainmaker.